Author Topic: Change the default "Hide UI" key binding to be something other than Tab  (Read 151 times)

I feel kind of dumb for not realizing this sooner, but having been a Substance Painter user for about a year, it only just occurred to be today that maybe I could rebind the Hide UI key to something other than tab. I don't know how many times I've been just trying to tab through some fields in the UI, only to have it hide the the UI instead of tabbing to the next field. I just figured this was the way things were in SP. But today I found that Hide UI can be rebound to any other key binding, and upon doing so, tabbing through UI fields works great.

So the question is, why was Tab chosen as the default key binding for hiding the UI? I would assume that a huge majority of users would expect Tab to function in SP the same way it tends to function in almost any other program that has navigable fields. Yet by default it does not.

For the sake of new users, could you consider changing the default Hide UI key so something else, so that it doesn't clobber the completely functional and nice field navigation that you've build into SP?

Tab is the fullscreen shortcut in other Adobe apps like Photoshop and Illustrator, so the default is likely going to stay Tab, but we could expose it in the shortcuts menu.