Author Topic: I have a problem  (Read 1085 times)

After updating to the latest version of the newest version of the substance Painter 2019, the mesh will become flattened with the viewport turned to the top,
In other viewports, such as bass or normal, the shape of the mesh will be output normally. How do I fix it so that it will come out normally in the metadata window?
MY Laptop is a MacBook Pro Please let us know.
Thank you.

it's   logfile
[ResourceShader] WARNING: Output of tessellation evaluation shader 'var_tex_coord1' not read by fragment shader

Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:09:12 am

I have exactly the same issue. Also using a MacBook Pro running Mojave 10.14.4.
Does anyone have a solution?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Could you please attach a log? You can extract it in Help > Support > Export a log.
Valeria Gerontopoulos
Product Designer | 3D Artist

Thanks for the reply.
Log file attached.
Maybe a problem running CUDA with Apple Mojave?
Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:20:30 pm

Thank you for posting your log. Unfortunately I see that your VRAM amount is under our minimum requirements, which you can find here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/tech-specs

It seems like you only have 1.5 GB on your integrated graphics card, and we recommend at least 2 GB for Painter to work properly. The 2018.3.3 version may have been working for you, but since in the 2019.1.0 we've introduce rather large features, such as displacement and dynamic strokes, they may be a bit too heavy for your current VRAM amount.
Valeria Gerontopoulos
Product Designer | 3D Artist

Exactly same issue. Macbook Pro - 13inch - 2018 - Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB. (
Bought this computer to use substance. Looks like i'm stuck on 2018.3.3 forever.
Would love a fix or workaround solution to be able to use the latest versions going forward.
Looks like the 13inch macbook is a no go for substance painter for the future.

The fix should be available tomorrow or early next week.

Good news. I just had the same issue on my MacBook Air. I reverted back to previous version that works fine. It is really nice to be able to use SP on my carry to work laptop - albeit not a machine for serious work. But I am realistic and expect at some point an app like this will no longer work on my Air.

Same issue, see the picture.

MBP 13, 2016, 16GB