Author Topic: Quarter of albedo gets blacked out upon export  (Read 585 times)

So I was working on this project for a long while without issue and I made a couple tweaks after closing and reopening the project and I've encountered this bug in which upon export, the top right quarter of my albedo gets blacked out.
Note how the black appears beneath my master dirt and dust layers but above the wood and metal. I am at a loss for the cause as I have gone back through and exported countless times, each with different layers enabled and disabled to attempt to isolate the issue. Even more strange is the resultant black that appears in the viewport is not true to what is exported as the albedo. As evidenced by this picture of the top of my albedo, on a small portion has been blacked out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has not been the first time this has occured, only the first time I have been unable to find a solution to the problem. Thanks

Hello, do you think you could share your project with us so we can take a closer look? You could upload it on Google Drive or Dropbox and give us the link.

Thanks in advance.
Valeria Gerontopoulos
Product Designer | 3D Artist

Yes, here is a link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/194LCc8Ko1DqTMef_bafyZ3mA8oGzgvEb?usp=sharing

I believe it would also be beneficial to add that my GPU is a 1060 with Max-Q.

Let me know if you've taken a look at the project file so that I may remove it.

Hey I am just going to go ahead and bump the thread as I noticed one of you requested access to the drive document. You request was granted.

I managed to reproduce the  my side, it seems to come from the Dirt layer somehow, were looking into it.

Glad to hear you were able to take a look. I updated to 2019.1 today and tried re exporting and got the same issue :/

So it seems this is a bug in the Nvidia drivers. A workaround is to set your Base Color channel to RGB16 instead of sRGB in your texture set settings.

Thanks so much for the work around! And I had a feeling it was a hardware issue as a friend of mine was saying his co-worker was having corruption issues and strange export errors using a gtx 1060.

I have the same or similar issue with 2018.3.1  Some old files with some sections in wrong color or missing color in some random sections.

They used to work properly in Substance painter 2017; can't tell wich nvidia drivers version I was using.

Changing the color channel to RGB16 doesn't help, but reducing the size from 4096 to 2048 works... (I need 4096 tough).

Please, some help. I'm stuck with my work.

Hi @kw_lxxi. It looks like an issue we've recently fixed. Could you please update to the latest version of Painter to see if it solves it? Thanks!
Valeria Gerontopoulos
Product Designer | 3D Artist