Author Topic: Stretching, height issue, and filling in entire uv space question  (Read 442 times)

I'm getting a stretching issue and an odd height issue. I'm going outside of the 0,1 uv space to make a tiled texture for some pipes. I'm using an ID map to mask. I checked the UVs and there doesn't seem to be any stretching.

After turning off all layers affecting these pipes I have a layer from a different section causing this height error. There isn't any bleeding from the masks or UV's going into other areas.

I just need some clarification on how filling works. I thought substance painter would fill the entire space that the ID map is colored to.
If I select the blue section, it would fill the entire area. It seems to fill the objects in that area. Is this just a display option?

All UVs need to be entirely in 0-1 UV space in Painter (or entirely in a separate UDIM), they cannot cross from one tile into another. There also seems to be some overlapping (3rd screenshot?), remove that. It will not help you, but produce unwanted artifacts.
Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:02:44 am