Author Topic: Exposed Parameters on Substance Export?  (Read 3053 times)

After exporting a material in a .sbsar format, I would have expected to retain some control over the substance when it is imported into another program.  However loading it into substance painter, or Unity, it just gives me the output textures essentially.  Hoping there is a plan to have the ability to retain parameter control for certain things using exposed parameters maybe?  I was hoping this might be a dirty way to get material blending in other places but this does not seem to be the case so far.  I like the idea, but if I am stuck with the changes to the texture, I don't really see the place for this tool.  It's trying to fill a gap somewhere between painter and designer that maybe I just don't see.

Hello,

Today, we expose per default the output resolution. In the future, we plan to let the user exposes the parameters he wants.

Cheers
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

Any news on this subject?
now when i create a material or adjust an existing one, all tweak options are removed.
any idea when this can be fixed?

Hello,

Today, we expose per default the output resolution. In the future, we plan to let the user exposes the parameters he wants.

Cheers

Any update on this subject?

Hello,

It's a high priority topic on our side but it requires a lot of technical work. We can't provide any ETA right now.

We're using uservoice https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/911713-substance-alchemist . You can submit here your feature requests and we try to update status of each request accordingly.

Cheers
Substance Alchemist Product Manager

This is a features that would be really useful for me. Hope it gets added.

Without exposed parameters being carried through to the .sbsar that is exported from Alchemist, I literally see no point in using Alchemist in my workflow in conjunction with Painter.   

I now understand that the reason behind this is that Alchemist does not save out the procedural .sbsar  - It is just exporting textures and putting them in a .sbsar container.

I really hope this feature can be added.  Otherwise the work-around is to create several versions of the material and switch between those in Painter for variety.

Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:09:57 pm