Author Topic: Extreme Texture Bleeding  (Read 3086 times)

Hey guys... i have a question for you... will this crazy issue be fixed in an update? What you are seeing is the exported texture from Painter and it looks unusable at present... and the export also doesn't include an alpha that can be used either. The current work around is to have a mask already made for you... and this is very painful to do if you have multiple textures sets.

Hey guys... i have a question for you... will this crazy issue be fixed in an update? What you are seeing is the exported texture from Painter and it looks unusable at present... and the export also doesn't include an alpha that can be used either. The current work around is to have a mask already made for you... and this is very painful to do if you have multiple textures sets.

Hi,

The diffusion bleed should be contained to the Uv shell it is linked. I think I'm missing the issue. Can you please explain how the diffusion is not working correctly?

If you want to have alpha, you would need to make sure that any layers in your stack are not "filling" the background of the texture that will be generated. Also, you would to export in a format that support alpha. For example, if you have a fill layer, it will fill the entire background of the map. If you have a standard layer and paint, then on export, that color map would be transparent in areas where there is no pixel data. We don't have a method for determining an alpha channel on export.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

The diffusion bleed should be contained to the Uv shell it is linked. I think I'm missing the issue. Can you please explain how the diffusion is not working correctly?

If you want to have alpha, you would need to make sure that any layers in your stack are not "filling" the background of the texture that will be generated. Also, you would to export in a format that support alpha. For example, if you have a fill layer, it will fill the entire background of the map. If you have a standard layer and paint, then on export, that color map would be transparent in areas where there is no pixel data. We don't have a method for determining an alpha channel on export.

Cheers,

Wes

I think it is because I am using ALL fill layers... to generate the materials. :( I will have to rethink my texturing strategy. For alphas, I can simply create an opacity mask. :)

I also forgot to mention that I am using a base skin texture from my project that I painter pre-substance painter... could I use the image for the standard layer?
Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:36:54 pm

I am also using a mask with the standard layer and the texture is still a mess :(

Here is a screenshot of my current scene... there are NO fill layers and I wanted to use the fills to generate materials quickly. Even with the normal layers, everything is still a mess.