Author Topic: UDIM Bake mesh maps problem  (Read 1755 times)

Hi there.

It's possible to bake using Udims?. I have a mesh on 1002 setlist and I want to bake the normal map but is not creating it. I know I can always create different materials for each texture set and leave my Uvs on the 1001 tile but I am curious why is not working. Also even if I select baking the selected texture set, substance bakes all the other objects on top, but not the Hi mesh :-\

I preferably want to use on Maya only once shader for the object, that's why I am using Udims workflow.

On Painter 2018.3.3

Thanks.
CG generalist at @digi_fix animation studio located in Osaka, Japan.

If you want to keep your udims, make sure to check the "Create texture set per uv tile" option when you create your project. Painter will not be able to bake or paint on your UV tiles otherwise.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. Is working now.

CG generalist at @digi_fix animation studio located in Osaka, Japan.

I'm interested about the topic.
I did everything mentioned, exported out of 3dsmax an fbx with uv tiles.
In painter, they are recognized but, when I bake, the texture sets that are not on 0,0 tile (the basic one) don't bake properly and come out black or very dark and are unusable.
Did I forget something?
Thank you.

Check the log window : when you import a mesh in UDIM mode, if we fail we fallback to the regular mode and the mesh UVs are not modified. In that case we print an error message.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.