Author Topic: import from the Zbrush  (Read 17111 times)

Is there a way to export polypaint as materials" Yes there is. But Zbrush can only export 1 material_id a model so its still not the best.

So for creating materials from polypaint....

-1 uv you model
-2 create polygroups
-3 break up the poly
-3 In the polypaint tab press the polypaint from polygroups button
-4 in the texture tab press new txtr and texture on.
-5 below that you can now click create texture from polypaint
-6 clone the texture and flip v
-7 Export it

As you can see this is not the best way and the outcome can be so so as well. with color_id textures you need a hard brush/lines to get the best result. next to that exporting you model strait from Zbrush to painter is just not the way to go, knowing that Zbrush only exports hard edges on your model.

So just like Wes said its just better to export it all to 3d app like Maya or Max

In that way you could just break all the polygroups into subtools attach the material/textures and do a Goz_all. 

As of your speed problem you might wanna post you pc specs here.
And yes all the things you said helps  specially chrome.

Hope That helped

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muezli.com with yoghurt and lots of fresh fruits.

I think I found the problem:

I'm with Zbrush and Substance painter open.

closed Zbrush and seems to have overcome this problem of speed

you think this is?

google chrome seems that slows the Substance Painter too, closed it and improved.

you believe the Tuneup Utilities may be slowing the Painter too?

Hmm, it could be that closing the other apps is freeing up system ram for Painter.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

you think this is?

google chrome seems that slows the Substance Painter too, closed it and improved.

Hmm, it could be that closing the other apps is freeing up system ram for Painter.

Cheers,

Wes

another problem:

I exported a scenario in the 3dsmax. obj and also .fbx

several ordinary objects in the scene are reversed.

I like this concert?
uses: normal modifier that solves the max?
or has otherwise?

you know the answer to this topic for me?

http://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=3069.0

Thank you so much

you think this is?

Cheers,

Wes

another problem:

I exported a scenario in the 3dsmax. obj and also .fbx

several ordinary objects in the scene are reversed.

I like this concert?
uses: normal modifier that solves the max?
or has otherwise?

you know the answer to this topic for me?

Thank you so much

Hi,

I replied to your topic thread.

The reverse polygon issue sounds like the normals are flipped. You just need to make sure the normals are not facing inward.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

after the textured object in Substance painter, how do I export to: Marmoset Toolbag 2?

> Export all channels - the Substance painter?

and open texture by texture in the material Marmoset Toolbag 2?

the "material substance, sbsar" are rendered to image when using> export all channels - the Substance painter?

You might wanna go read the online documentation. or use the search on this forum
It could help.  really
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muezli.com with yoghurt and lots of fresh fruits.

You might wanna go read the online documentation. or use the search on this forum
It could help.  really

I'm reading the online documentation

but still have doubts

after the textured object in Substance painter, how do I export to: Marmoset Toolbag 2?

the "material substance, sbsar" are rendered to image when using> export all channels - the Substance painter?

Hi,

When you export from Painter, you will use export all channels. For Marmoset, I would use the metallic, roughness, normal and base color maps. You can then import these into marmoset. In marmoset, you will need to switch the Reflectivity to GGX.

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi,

When you export from Painter, you will use export all channels. For Marmoset, I would use the metallic, roughness, normal and base color maps. You can then import these into marmoset. In marmoset, you will need to switch the Reflectivity to GGX.

Cheers,

Wes

what: Reflectivity to GGX      ?

how do I do that    ?

In Marmoset in the material editor (right hand side) click on the material orb. Then under it there is a drop down menu next to reflectivity - It's default is Blinn-Phong.