Author Topic: 3DS Max 2020 Substance Integration  (Read 1764 times)

Hello, Is there a timeframe for when the 3Ds max 2020 substance plugin will be released?

Hi harpole,

The plugin is about ready to be released. It will just require a final lookthrough to make sure everything is in order.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

Hello Galen. Do you know when the plugin can be released? 3DS Max is forcing the trial period software to be 2020 and now I can't test my materials from Substance.

Is there a beta available?

Thanks!

:D

Hi harpole,

The plugin is about ready to be released. It will just require a final lookthrough to make sure everything is in order.

Any word on this?  It's been nearly a month and every plugin I have has been updated except for Substance.

Hello,

Very interested in the status of this as well. 

What is the ETA?

Thanks so much.

Kurt

Hi all,

Sorry, we don't have an ETA right now. We're close to ready, but with trying to get the new Maya plugin finished, as well as big updates for Unity and UE4 in the works, we've hit a bit of delay in finishing up compatibility released for 3ds Max 2020, Modo 13 and Houdini 17.5.
Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 12:31:39 am
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo

I'm waiting for this. This app is very important to my workflow on 3ds Max. Why all this delay?  :(

Hi all,

Sorry, we don't have an ETA right now. We're close to ready, but with trying to get the new Maya plugin finished, as well as big updates for Unity and UE4 in the works, we've hit a bit of delay in finishing up compatibility released for 3ds Max 2020, Modo 13 and Houdini 17.5.

Any update on this?

Also waiting for an update... I'm using substances in my scenes and can't proceed!

Current plugin version is very buggy especially with vray IPR. I hope this delay and Adobe QA team are on top of this.

how long is max 2020 out?  8) seems like no one cares about their customers ... insane

is it so hard to give us a recompiled 2019 version for max 2020?

Hello? Is anyone there? Hello? hello?... beep beep beep

Some added functionality needs to be added, including updating to the new Substance Engine from Designer, so that needs to be completed before the release.
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo

Galen, I obviously had bad timing here, just having signed up using Max 2020 and going against my better judgement and not waiting to see how the Adobe acquisition plays out. I did not realize this integration wasn't available for 2020 though, it specifically states that v2.1.2 supports it. What it doesn't say is that the last available version is 2.1.1.

Two months ago you said it needed a final look through and one month ago that there was no ETA. Can you guys at least make the legacy version available so there is something while we wait?