Author Topic: Substance lpk not working in Modo 13?  (Read 75494 times)

I know this is really early since Modo 13 was just released yesterday, but do you have an ETA on when the lpk will be available for Modo 13?

I don't have an ETA on when the lpk will be released for Modo 13. It should be soon, but we'll need to set it up and test it as well first.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

Thank you Galen for the quick response

Any news on this ? I would like to use substance with Modo 13 please.

Thank you

+1

O mighty Substance, bless us with your plugins

+1

O mighty Substance, bless us with your plugins

We will be working to get this out ASAP. The update will include substance engine v7 updates as well.

cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hoping the Substance plugin for Modo 13.1v1 is out soon.... No older versions seem to work with Modo 13.1v1....

Any update on this? What is the timeline for the new plugin?

Thank you!

Currently building for Modo 13 and some other updates are being worked on, although we don't have an exact release date yet for you.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

Currently building for Modo 13 and some other updates are being worked on, although we don't have an exact release date yet for you.

So glad to hear this. I bought Substance mainly to work with in Modo. In the meantime there is a work around that I learned about from Modo Support today, so I might give that a try.

So glad to hear this. I bought Substance mainly to work with in Modo. In the meantime there is a work around that I learned about from Modo Support today, so I might give that a try.

Mind sharing the workaround? I thought I tried editing the config for the current substance plugin, but maybe I did it wrong if that's what the workaround was.

Thanks for the update Galen. Please keep us posted.
Also very interested in the workaround. If you could share this would be great!

Thanks!

Thanks!

I wanted to try it out and see if it works first. But for the life of me I can't find the files in the Library (MacOS).
Please give it a try. Meanwhile I'm trying to sort out where all my Kit files are.

Here it is:

There is a workaround that will force Substance Painter plug in to show up in Modo 13, however, we cannot guarantee its stability as this is not an official workaround that is endorsed by Substance painter.

1. Navigate to the kits installation directory by default this should be: /Library/Application Support/Luxology/Content/Kits/SubstanceInModo12.0
2. Open "index.cfg" in a text editor.
3. Change
<configuration kit="SubstanceInModo" version="2.7.0/ddf7503" and="rel]1200" and="major=12">
to
<configuration kit="SubstanceInModo" version="2.7.0/ddf7503" and="rel]1200">
and save the file.
4. Re-launch Modo. The kit should now work.

I haven't tested extensively, but that appears to have worked. Thank you!

Thanks!

I wanted to try it out and see if it works first. But for the life of me I can't find the files in the Library (MacOS).
Please give it a try. Meanwhile I'm trying to sort out where all my Kit files are.

Here it is:

There is a workaround that will force Substance Painter plug in to show up in Modo 13, however, we cannot guarantee its stability as this is not an official workaround that is endorsed by Substance painter.

1. Navigate to the kits installation directory by default this should be: /Library/Application Support/Luxology/Content/Kits/SubstanceInModo12.0
2. Open "index.cfg" in a text editor.
3. Change
<configuration kit="SubstanceInModo" version="2.7.0/ddf7503" and="rel]1200" and="major=12">
to
<configuration kit="SubstanceInModo" version="2.7.0/ddf7503" and="rel]1200">
and save the file.
4. Re-launch Modo. The kit should now work.

Thanks for sharing Hell2Heights, I'll give this a try as well.