Author Topic: Invisible resources to UI  (Read 440 times)

If I drag an SBSAR into Alchemist, and then delete it from the resources list, it is still searchable by text but invisible to the UI. Where are these resources being stored?

I can imagine this list becoming inpractical after multiple materials being dropped in, which I have then discarded.
Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:05:30 am
Head of VR & AR
Pilbrow & Partners

Hi,

https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/sadoc/your-materials-172823824.html

All your materials are saved as a JSON file with back-up assets here:

Windows: ~/AppData/Roaming/Allegorithmic/Substance Alchemist
    MacOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Allegorithmic/Substance Alchemist/
    Linux: ~/.local/share/Allegorithmic/Substance Alchemist

Guillaume
Quality Engineer
Alchemist User Manual
Alchemist release note

I want to back up the custom materials that I'm saving to Alchemist Libraries, but I don't know where to find these materials.  When I go to PC>OS and Apps (C:)>Users>My computer name>AppData>Roaming, I do not see an Alchemist folder.  Can you please help me find these materials?  Thanks.

Found what I was looking for.  I have 2 user accounts on my PC and I was looking in the wrong one.  Oops.   :)

The information above is correct, although it would be helpful to add "This PC/(C:)/Users/My computer name/" in front of the Windows string.

I'm still uncertain as to the design decision to have materials which have been deleted by the user – to be searchable by the app. Keeping backups is understandable, but surely if a user has decided to delete a material, that should not be surfaced in the app?
Head of VR & AR
Pilbrow & Partners

Yes, it's something we will improve in the future.
Substance Alchemist Product Manager