Author Topic: What is the anticipated date for UE4 4.22 SD plugin to be available?  (Read 3289 times)

Hello,

Is there any timeline for the UE4 SD 4.22 plugin to be available?

Thanks!

Hi,

The timeline for the plugin is that it should be available for the 4.22 release when it exits preview. We're ready to build it for 4.22, but as 4.22 is still changing its API, a public release will wait until it's out of preview.

Best,

Galen
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya and 3ds Max
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

Hi Galen,

Once 4.22 is released, is there any usual timeline based on history of the UE4 plugins?

Thanks,
Sandra

Now that 4.22 is no longer in preview and fully released to the public, when can we expect Substance Plugin to be available?

Thanks!

Substance is the last plugin needed to migrate project....  any idea of eta?

Thanks for any feedback.....

Substance is the last plugin needed to migrate project....  any idea of eta?

Same thing for me too. Houdini (the other plugin I depend on) already supports 4.22 in the daily builds.

@drichardson - Yeah was impressed how fast Houdini supported 4.22....

Hi @GalenHelfter
Any news concerning the release of the 4.22 version of Substance plugin?
In your message of March 28th, I had the impression that the build of the version was quickly achievable.
It may already be available in a git repository?
Keep us informed, I have the feeling that we are not the only ones who want to test ray-tracing in our scenes that contain Substance materials.  ;D
Congratulations again on your work!
FURIOOS
Any 3D application available anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Cloud deployment web platform for your UE4 applications
www.furioos.com

:( Nothing Yet!

We're finishing up 4.22, it's in final testing and we should have an update request with Epic soon. If all is best, we should be out by the end of the week.

The delay right now is ensuring it works correctly on all supported platforms, including Xbox one and PS4, which takes time even if the plugin has been built.
Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 03:59:15 am
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya and 3ds Max
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

We're finishing up 4.22

Thanks for the update Galen!

Feel free to share a Google Drive link before you have the validation of Epic, as you usually do on this forum.
All the best!  ;D
FURIOOS
Any 3D application available anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Cloud deployment web platform for your UE4 applications
www.furioos.com

We're finishing up 4.22, it's in final testing and we should have an update request with Epic soon. If all is best, we should be out by the end of the week.

The delay right now is ensuring it works correctly on all supported platforms, including Xbox one and PS4, which takes time even if the plugin has been built.

Very eager for this to finally be released! Hopefully this week? I'm assuming it works with the RayTracing stuff?