Author Topic: Painter to Maya  (Read 1270 times)

In Maya 2019 in the Substance Painter folder is the list of available materials for the plugin. Is there a way to get others either importing them into a separate folder or the Painter folder within Maya folder? Also masks, generators, filters etc.?
Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:53:32 pm

Maybe I should ask a different way. How do you Maya users get materials, masks and generators into maya via the plug-in? Besides the predefined materials that are in the substance folder.

I understand it's a duplicate question but I asked again because no one answered me the first time... I find it hard to believe that no one from tech. can answer this.

I apologize for the delay.

The plugin currently shipped with Maya 2019.1 is the 1.4.1 version.

The plugin allows you to use sbsar files within Maya. To do this, you create the node called Substance in the hypershade, and use the filepath field to locate and load an sbsar file. You can locate sbsars from wherever this way.

In the 2.0.0 plugin, you will be able to drag and drop sbsars into the hypershade to make this easier. There will also be options in the shelf and menu to load and create materials.

Sbsar files are usually created as the output from Substance Designer or Substance Alchemist. The next release of the plugin will also have utilities to make loading the maps created from Substance Painter easier.

The documentation for the 1.4.1 plugin can be found here:
https://docs.substance3d.com/integrations/maya-legacy-149291349.html

Cheers,
Galen
Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:55:56 am
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com