Author Topic: paramblock2  (Read 9020 times)

Keep getting paramblock2 error when opening max files that used the substance plugin. Materials sometimes show up as black in the browser. Materials often not showing in material library. How can I get this plugin to work properly? Causing much lost time. Running 3ds max 2019, vray next.

You may get parameter block collisions when opening a scene on top of another one. The workaround is to make sure to close Max fully.

We're looking at ways to mitigate this some, but we have to generate dynamic parameter block IDs, and there's no way to keep them unique between two scenes, as the plugin cannot know what is in a scene not loaded in Max. This ID number is only a 16-bit value, which doesn't give much room to work with, so even if we try to randomly distribute the IDs we can still easily hit collisions.

We require dynamic data blocks because different graphs and sbsars have completely different sets of inputs.
Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:21:54 pm
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya and 3ds Max
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

Thanks for your response.

Was this supposed to be fixed in the last update? I'm still getting the error, even on opening max for the first time. Does it work better in max 2020?

I'm also geting this error. Impossible to work with the plugin ! I'm using the latest Vray, 3dsmax 2019.3 and latest version of substance plugin.

we´ve also encoutered the problem using 3dsmax 2020.2 with vray next.
Using the substance2 map results quite often in scenes which cannot be opened anymore.
This is quite a mess. I hope the dev teams gets to it.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem after installing a new machine. I can't open my previous projects containing substance materials.
I'm using Max2018 with Vray Next 2.1 and substance 2.2.0 plugin.

Even when trying to load from a freshly launched Max instance, it doesn't work...

I'm very surprise to see no answer on this thread from Substance team. Are you working on the problem ?
It's very frustrating and makes me regret to start working with substance products...

Thanks,

We're making some progress on it now. Hopefully, it will be fixed for the next version, which we're trying to finalize soon.
Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:45:21 pm
Maya and 3ds Max

As an update from there, it should be in soon for the next release. It will need to be tested further as well though.
Maya and 3ds Max