Author Topic: Houdini 17.5 plugin  (Read 1223 times)

Hi,

With Houdini 17.5 recently released, can we get a Substance plugin for it? The one online now does not work. I would appreciate if the Substance team could post one here, even if it is in beta.

Thank you,

I am also very interested in this. I spent all last night trying to get it to work with no luck. I didn't realize it was broken. :) Excited to hear and update.

+1 here too

guys, do you have a link to show how to add bitmaps to create a new shader in Houdini ?
you tried it ?

Hi Devs... Could we please get an idea when the 17.5 plugin will be released?  Thanks!

Hi all,

We're working on getting a plugin for 17.5, but there's a lot going on right now, so it might be a bit.

UE4 4.22, Houdini 17.5, 3ds Max 2020, Modo 13, and our rewrite of the Maya integration have all occurred around the same time, so it will take a bit of time for us to address all of these on top of the improvements we're trying to do.
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

Well, when ??!

What a bad news ... something is missing magic !  :-[

I'd like to bump this as well!
+1

Houdini 17.5 is close to ready. I'm fixing some regressions and it should be ready soon.

We have a lot of releases planned soon, I apologize for the delay.
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo

Thanks for the update Galen!

It should be up on the website now. The download page will need to be updated to say 17.5 instead of 17.0, but the link is for the 17.5 plugin.
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo

It is not working. With Houdini 17.5.258 I get the error:
------------------------
(127) Couldn't load
C:/Users/.../Documents/houdini17.5/dso/substance_linker.dll.
Missing version information.
When creating custom operators with the HDK, remember to #include <UT/UT_DSOVersion.h> to define the required version information.
------------------------

I bough this software for the integration parts. How long to we have to wait for working integrations??
Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 02:20:44 pm

We'll need to fix the build for Windows, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo

+1 

The published plugin for Houdini 17.5 doesn't work. 

It's June now.  What's the ETA for this to be fixed?

We'll need to fix the build for Windows, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Yes, we kind of understand that you need to fix it. You still need to fix it as of quarter of a year it still is not working… This is totally embarrassing the Substance team/Adobe!

I have paid the subscription, yet you are not delivering what I pay for! Fix it!