Author Topic: Delighter is missing  (Read 18268 times)

Delighter filter missing after last update

windows 7 64 bit
nvidia driver 430 version

Same issue here, delighter also gone missing. I followed the https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/substance-painter-doesn-t-start-on-the-right-gpu-182266570.html   fix but same results. I also changed the PhysX to gtx 1050, but nothing has changed. Someone please help me out!

The log file says. Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 but I changed the settings to my gtx. I also changed the graphic settings of windows to high-performance
Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:04:41 pm

Same issue here, delighter also gone missing. I followed the https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/substance-painter-doesn-t-start-on-the-right-gpu-182266570.html   fix but same results. I also changed the PhysX to gtx 1050, but nothing has changed. Someone please help me out!

The log file says. Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 but I changed the settings to my gtx. I also changed the graphic settings of windows to high-performance

Hi,
Delighter needs GPU with more than 2Gb of VRAM.
Unfortunately, if you read the log you have a GPU with only 2Gb of VRAM. Delighter is disable.

[ERROR][FiltersFilters] Minimum requirements for the Delighter to run are not met:
   Delighter will only run on graphics card with at least 2GB of VRAM. If your graphics card meets this requirement and is not properly detected, please report it.

Regards,
Guillaume
Quality Engineer
Alchemist User Manual
Alchemist release note

Hi,
Delighter needs GPU with more than 2Gb of VRAM.
Unfortunately, if you read the log you have a GPU with only 2Gb of VRAM. Delighter is disable.

[ERROR][FiltersFilters] Minimum requirements for the Delighter to run are not met:
   Delighter will only run on graphics card with at least 2GB of VRAM. If your graphics card meets this requirement and is not properly detected, please report it.

Regards,
Guillaume

I work on a laptop btw. I looked it up and my nvidia gtx 1050 has 8gb of ram and my integrated gpu (Intel) has also more than 2gb. So i dont know what i should do now. Is there a way to fix this ?

To clarify, we are talking about Video Ram not your 8Gb of virtual memory.

A standard laptop GTX 1050 has 4Gb of VRAM embedded not 8. Yours is detected with 2Gb like a nVIDIA MX150. :o
That means, something is wrong. To be sure Alchemist not detecting your Intel VRAM, is it possible for you to test with the Intel HD Graphics 630 disabled in the BIOS?

Best regards,
Guillaume

PS: Intel GPU can show more than 2Gb (2Gb + **Gb shared memory) but it doesn't matter in our case.
Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 04:45:08 pm
Quality Engineer
Alchemist User Manual
Alchemist release note

To clarify, we are talking about Video Ram not your 8Gb of virtual memory.

A standard laptop GTX 1050 has 4Gb of VRAM embedded not 8. Yours is detected with 2Gb like a nVIDIA MX150. :o
That means, something is wrong. To be sure Alchemist not detecting your Intel VRAM, is it possible for you to test with the Intel HD Graphics 630 disabled in the BIOS?

Best regards,
Guillaume

PS: Intel GPU can show more than 2Gb (2Gb + **Gb shared memory) but it doesn't matter in our case.

With the Intel HD Graphics 630 disabled in the BIOS, Alchemist still didn't detect the VRAM.

Please send us a bug report with Alchemist.

Then, is it possible to make a screenshot like the picture attached to my message?

Guillaume
Quality Engineer
Alchemist User Manual
Alchemist release note

Please send us a bug report with Alchemist.

Then, is it possible to make a screenshot like the picture attached to my message?

Guillaume

Ok, thanks. So your GPU has only 2Gb embedded. Delighter will not work on your computer.

Best regards,
Guillaume
Quality Engineer
Alchemist User Manual
Alchemist release note

@Guillaume

I'm sorry if I interfere.
But what are the plans to support GPUs with 2GB Vram, or even better: What about AMD GPUs?

I own a RX 480 (AMD, 8GB) (Error in log: not Nvidia)
A gt 755mSLI (Nvidia, 2GB) (Error in log: not enough Ram)
And a MX150 (Nvidia, 2GB) (Error in log: not Nvidia 700 series and not enough Ram)

What are my chances to use the (full) Software in near future?

PS: You should change the error logs: "with at least 2GB of VRAM" implies you can run it with 2GB of Vram.

Hi

But delighter is not working with my pc. why is that? I will attach the screenshot.

Hi,

Yes, as described in our tech specs Delighter only works on nVIDIA GPU.
https://docs.substance3d.com/sadoc/technical-requirements-185106444.html

Regards,
Guillaume
Quality Engineer
Alchemist User Manual
Alchemist release note

I'm getting the same issue as others, no Delighter.  I have an nVidia Titan X (Pascal) with 12GB VRAM running on Windows 10 1903 with 32GB RAM.

From the log:
   Your graphic card is not recognized. You need at least a NVIDIA GeForce 7 series. If you think that your graphic card is more recent than that, please report it.

My log file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18elJEQvMmd8V4dxz-sNshoiPosN6MVZB

Proof I'm using a Titan X (Pascal) with 12GB VRAM:

Thoughts?  Any work around, I really would like to use the delighter as it's a key time saver.

Cheers, Rob.

Hate to be pushy, any word on when we'll see a fix for this?

Cheers, Rob.

With the fact that you need to have a Windows OS and a Nvidia GPU to have access to the "Delighter" filter, does that mean users with a Windows OS but have an AMD GPU instead are out of luck?

Unfortunately, yes. We're using technologies only available with Nvidia GPU (Cuda, CudNN and RTX acceleration).
Substance Alchemist Product Manager