Author Topic: [SOLVED] Beta 12 - Windows (Installation error - missing some software reqs...)  (Read 2333 times)

Downloaded the new beta 12 today and installed it. Receiving the following error: "Installation error. You're missing some software requirements. Please reinstall. Software will exit." - and it does exit.

I've reinstalled and removed and reinstalled and still get the same error. Any thoughts?
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:32:18 am

Same problem here
Win7 64/Core i7-975 3.33GHz/12GB RAM/GTX 1080Ti + GTX 670/2x1920x1200
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ

Same here. Super annoying, and no hint as to _what_ could be missing. Plus, the app actually opens correctly behind this popup - you just cant use it.

I suspect they missed some files in their package. What's most annoying is the silence. :)

It looks like allegorithmic quietly released a beta 12.1 version. I'm having the same problem with this build as well.

I've uninstalled, deleted the Painter subfolder, rebooted my machine, and re-installed and still experience the same problem.

Help allegorithmic! We can't file bug reports from within the app since we can't access the app. Need some help here.

After some digging around, I found that you have to enable the Bonjour service for SP to run.
Win7 64/Core i7-975 3.33GHz/12GB RAM/GTX 1080Ti + GTX 670/2x1920x1200
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" - Jesus Christ

Yup, that appears to have solved it. I wonder if that is a new requirement? I normally leave that service disabled. Thanks a bunch Funk!

Hi all,

Substance Painter indeed needs Bonjour in order to run correctly.
It's installed during the installation process, and you shouldn't disable it, or Painter will not work.

We will see if we can make it smoother / change the error message for the future versions.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

If I'm right, bonjour is an apple service, why does substance painter need it to run? What the Relationship between the two?