Author Topic: Stuck on Generating Thumbnails  (Read 1220 times)

Currently can't do anything in substance painter, it gets stuck on generating thumbnails and never ends. Even if I open a project adding a material wont load it in.

I've reinstalled the software and I am still getting the same problem. It is locking up the whole program, it seems two materials don't load the thumbnails, however I have deleted from the shelf in /documents etc, yet they are still trying to load.

Which materials are these? If they still show uip in your shelf, that mean the file is still physically there in a shelf folder somewhere.

Which materials are these? If they still show uip in your shelf, that mean the file is still physically there in a shelf folder somewhere.

One I got from the share site. I have deleted it but is still showing, the path it gives doesn't exist.

In the folder tou had your material in, you should see an .alg_meta folder, make sure you delete that as well.

Manged to find the file again, deleted it and now it works. Thanks

Is the workaround to delete the meta folder and wait for it to re-generate the thumbnails?  I'm in a similar situation - stuck o generating thumbnails.  Doesn't seem to be able to abandon old materials that have been deleted.  I still see them by name in  a sub-folder under materials - just a circular arrow icon, not the tumbnail.  I've re-booted my system, restarted painter, am on the latest version.  This is currently a work-stoppage for me.  Any hints or workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Did you go where your user shelf is located (by default in Documents\Allegorithmic\Substance Painter\shelf) and check in the different folders that all the resources you don't want aren't there anymore?
If they are, just delete them by hand and restart painter should work.