Author Topic: Substance Painter fails to open a project file  (Read 3379 times)

Hi. I've been learning how to use Substance Painter since last week and everything was going fine until today. I've been working on a project for days now (it's a big terrain with lots of texture sets) and today, the software suddenly closed itself when I tried to load the project file. I've tried 10 times maybe and also tried to open up the project file itself directly or restarting my computer but it's still the same, not opening. I'm very depressed. I submitted a bug report through Substance Painter but I also wanna try my luck here. Please help.

I've just found out that when I start up Substance Painter, If I open a project file that doesn't crash and then open up the one that crashes, it works.

Would you be able to upload the project somewhere for us to help debug this issue?

Your TDR delay is very low, it could be the issue, try increasing it : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/GPU+drivers+crash+with+long+computations
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thank you for your replies. I have increased my TDR delay to 120 and it is still the same. Would it make any difference If I increase it even more? And here is the project file : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Gv6nF5Snf7MjZIQUdsRDljbHM

Like I said it works when I first open a working project file then open the one that is causing the problem, which is weird. So maybe understanding why can help me avoid further issues.

No, if you have it at 120 and still get the crash, then the TDR is not the issue.
I managed to repro your issue, the project can only be opened after a first project was loaded.
Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:00:41 am

Hi,

I am having the same Issue with one of my projects. Did you ever find a solution for this?

Kind Regards,

Frank