Author Topic: UV visuals in SP vs Max/Maya: Different? Y?  (Read 457 times)

Hi all!  Google was no help at all, so I figured I'd come to you awesome peeps with a quick SP question. 

My models look great in SP but when I export my maps (PBR) and apply to the same low poly mesh in another program (3ds Max/Maya) my textures come out all janky.

I'm guessing SP is smoothing my UV's or something? Anyway, i'm sure this has been solved already, but I can't allot the time to sift through 200+ pages on this forum to try and hunt it down. Is there a way to see my actual UV mesh is SP?

Thanks for your time ;p

Painter does not smooth the UVs, but it triangulates the mesh internally upon import. Max probably triangulates differently, which leads to the texture distortions you are seeing.

Try to triangulate the mesh in Max, then re-import into Painter with Edit -> Project Configuration -> Select.

Painter does not smooth the UVs, but it triangulates the mesh internally upon import. Max probably triangulates differently, which leads to the texture distortions you are seeing.

Try to triangulate the mesh in Max, then re-import into Painter with Edit -> Project Configuration -> Select.

100% This is why it is recommended to import your mesh as Tris prior. :)

Sweet!  Worked like a charm!  Thanks peeps :)