Author Topic: Wrapping bleed when scaling nodes up into tile generator  (Read 996 times)

I'm having an issue with the way tile generator scales input images, and I want to see if there's a solution here.

Since I'm tiling these input images a bunch, I have them at 256 absolute resolution. They're going into a 4k Tile Generator.

The problem I'm having though is that something about the way Tile Generator scales these images is bleeding and wrapping around, giving me artifacts.

Is there any way to keep this from happening? I suppose I could scale up my input images before putting them into the tile generator, but that seems kind of wasteful.

I suppose I could scale up my input images before putting them into the tile generator, but that seems kind of wasteful.

The tile generator will scale up the image to the node resolution anyway, even if individual tiles are smaller, so manually scaling first (with tiling turned off) is indeed the solution.

So tile generator first scales the images up to 4k, then scales them back down? If I have 20 tiles going on either axis of a 4k tile generator, the tiles themselves will be smaller than 256x256 unless I really crank up the scale.

But really, it's easy enough to fix like you said. I just found it odd.

Yeah, it's a bit silly. In every other node it makes sense to scale the image when resolution changes, so I guess it's just a core part of how designer sends the image from one node to another

Change the sampling mode to "Bilinear" or "Nearest".
Product Manager - Allegorithmic