Author Topic: Error: [Scene 3D] [FBX] : Mesh tangents/bitangents are invalid  (Read 5154 times)

Hello,

as soon as I open my low poly mesh this error: [Scene 3D] ``[FBX] : Mesh tangents/bitangents are invalid (some values are null) and will be reputed`` pops up. I don`t understand what the exact problem is, and that´s why I can`t fix it. Can someone help me out?
thank you  :)

Vertices contain 3 information (which are the different vectors) : the normal, the tangent, the bitangent (or sometimes also called binormal). If the normal is valid, Substance Painter is able to recompute the two other vectors.

If an error appear in the log when you import the mesh, that means the value/data store din the file is not valid for Substance Painter. Unfortunately it is hard to tell why or what is the source of the problem because this is completely dependent of how the source application (3D Software) generated the mesh file in the first place.

You will have to investigate on your side which part of the mesh is invalid for example and see if you can fix it/clean it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.