Author Topic: what is wrong with 1.4.1 maya plugin ?  (Read 2339 times)

Hi !
Are you sure it's workable plugin ?
it's not extracting anything in maya2019 folder , looks like it's nothing there in installer 

Hi !
Are you sure it's workable plugin ?
it's not extracting anything in maya2019 folder , looks like it's nothing there in installer

Hi,

Maya 2019 includes Substance in Maya plugin in the installer. It's enabled by default. Did you have Substance in Maya checked when installing maya? Perhaps this caused a conflict.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Maya 19 ships with 1.4.0 , i want to install 1.4.1
I have maya that has no substance plugin when installing by default
So I make 1.4.1 fresh install , not over old plugin

But when im installing it is not extracting anything , Then I thought maybe i will try to install manually, so I xtracted installer with 7zip and it is not containing any dlls or any plugin files. Is that installer  just configuring existing plugin rather than installing files?

The plugin does not install inside the maya2019 folder anymore, it now installs in a similar structure to how Arnold does.

On Windows, it will go to C:\Allegorithmic\SubstanceMaya\2019\...
On MacOS, /Applications/Allegorithmic/SubstanceMaya/2019/...
And on Linux, /opt/Allegorithmic/SubstanceMaya/2019/...

The 1.4.0 version that shipped with Maya 2019 also installs in the same way.

We did this for a few reasons. It's much easier to manage being outside of Maya's install directory and the plugin can now exist or be moved anywhere, as long as the .mod file is updated to point to the new location. This is something studios have been wanting for a while.
Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 01:42:56 pm
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya, 3ds Max and Core Libraries

The plugin does not install inside the maya2019 folder anymore, it now installs in a similar structure to how Arnold does.

On Windows, it will go to C:\Allegorithmic\SubstanceMaya\2019\...
On MacOS, /Applications/Allegorithmic/SubstanceMaya/2019/...
And on Linux, /opt/Allegorithmic/SubstanceMaya/2019/...

The 1.4.0 version that shipped with Maya 2019 also installs in the same way.

We did this for a few reasons. It's much easier to manage being outside of Maya's install directory and the plugin can now exist or be moved anywhere, as long as the .mod file is updated to point to the new location. This is something studios have been wanting for a while.

I got it now , thanks .