Author Topic: Why does clone source need to be remote from destination?  (Read 572 times)

Hi, when using the Clone tool, I usually cannot get a clone source (V key) close to where I want to paint. Painter will just not take the source if it is too close. I have to get the source from more remote areas. This is not always the case though, may be related to UVs, maybe the clone source cannot be taken inside the same UV polygon as where the paint will occur. Is this the case ? This limitation is quite annoying, can this be addressed?
Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:05:59 pm

This is a known issue, it's in our backlog at the moment. I can't provide any ETA as for when it will be fixed/improved.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks @Froyok! I would vote for raising the priority of this in the backlog :) I am using the Clone tool a lot and this is a significant issue to me, or anyone wanting to do texture cleanup. Also a Healing brush similar to Photoshop has been requested many times I think, but I don't know how long we'll wait for it or if we ever will see it in SP...

It would of a great deal that this problem is fixed.
It is really impeding the process of fixing baked texture from scanned models.