Author Topic: Delete Library folder not save material tiling  (Read 632 times)

Hi,

When i delete the unity library folder, some parameters of the Substance materials reset in unity.

I test to create a cube with a substance material ( Downloaded with the substance source plugin) and one with a standard unity material. Then i change the tiling for both. I close the project, delete the library folder, re-open, and only the tiling of the substance material has been reset.

We use version control software for work and we don't commit the library folder, so it is a problem for us.

I use Unity 2018.3.20f1 and substance plugin 2.2.0(beta)

Hi,

When i delete the unity library folder, some parameters of the Substance materials reset in unity.

I test to create a cube with a substance material ( Downloaded with the substance source plugin) and one with a standard unity material. Then i change the tiling for both. I close the project, delete the library folder, re-open, and only the tiling of the substance material has been reset.

We use version control software for work and we don't commit the library folder, so it is a problem for us.

I use Unity 2018.3.20f1 and substance plugin 2.2.0(beta)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are working on a new way to serialize materials and this should resolve this issue. I don't have an ETA just yet on when this will release but it should be in our next update that is not a patch update.

Cheers,
wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,
We're having the same issue. We aren't able to share our material settings across our project using source control. Glad to know that you are working on a fix.
Cheers,

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue. While we are waiting for an official fix, is there any workaround?

Cheers

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue. While we are waiting for an official fix, is there any workaround?

Cheers

Hi,

We don't have a workaround. However we have this issue in code review now and will look to have this released soon. Are you on our Discord community? If so, please send me a DM and I can add you to our Unity beta group for testing.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

The workaround that we are currently using is to reroute all your Substance generated maps through a standard Unity material. This saves any material parameters in the Unity material, and the Substance is just there to pump out the maps.