Author Topic: Questions about Unity Substance Plugin  (Read 339 times)

Hi, I have a few questions about this Unity plugin.

- How can I just export the images from substance? I remember an older version of this plugin (it was integrated into Unity) can export all maps as png images. But I can't find this feature in the new addon.

- Is it possible to change the map outputs? For example, by default, my .sbsar file in Unity have 2 maps, Metallic/Smoothness, and Height. I want to create one map combining these two, Metallic (R), Smoothness (G). Height (B) is it possible to do with Unity addon or I need to open the substance in Substance Designer?

Hi, I have a few questions about this Unity plugin.

- How can I just export the images from substance? I remember an older version of this plugin (it was integrated into Unity) can export all maps as png images. But I can't find this feature in the new addon.

- Is it possible to change the map outputs? For example, by default, my .sbsar file in Unity have 2 maps, Metallic/Smoothness, and Height. I want to create one map combining these two, Metallic (R), Smoothness (G). Height (B) is it possible to do with Unity addon or I need to open the substance in Substance Designer?

Hey @mooha ,

The functionality for exporting texture maps from inside Unity is not currently in the plugin. We have a ticket in for adding this.

Also, currently you are not able to set individual RGB channels directly in the Unity plugin. You would have to do this in Designer. We are looking to add this functionality into the plugin as well.
Integrations QA Analyst