Author Topic: Substance Source lack of good updates?  (Read 704 times)

Im just wondering why substance source rarely get updates? sometimes only getting updates after months. It's serious making me reconsider continuing my subscription. Both cgtextures and Quixel Megascan offer a lot of high quality materials almost weekly. All i see from Source is just some fabric material here and there. If you look at the number of material in each category, you can tell its unbalanced. Do we really need that many fabric seriously?

Ceramic 39
Concrete 71
Fabric 372
Ground 73
Leather 200
Marble -Granite 20
Metal 203
Organic 58
Paint 66
Paper 14
Plaster 20
Plastic 264
Stone 124
Terracotta 42
Translucent 21
Wood 138

Hi,

We have many types of users from many different industries, and try to release materials that please as many of you as possible.
However it is not always possible to please everyone, and we try to release materials that please all types of industries one after the other.
We are only a small team for Substance Source, and are making our best to produce as much as possible of tweakable  content that you can compleately adapt to as many situations as possible, and when they are procedural we share the .sbs files which allow you to make exactly the modifications you want in the graph.
We try to have a release every month, sometimes every month and a half, and release a collection as soon as it is ready.

I hope that you will like the next releases we are working on.
PO @ Allegorithmic

Also, we have recently added a Uservoice page to post requests and vote for material types you would like to see added to Substance Source : https://allegorithmic.uservoice.com/forums/918649-content

Thanks for the User voice page Cyrille. Didnt know that existed, I will submit some ideas there.

Marion: Thanks you and your team for the hard work. I hope there will be more variety in the near future, preferable some more environment textures like foliage and ground.. etc .