Author Topic: Exporting linear or srgb 186 to painter  (Read 379 times)

I'm making a Cavity generator. I have the basics setup still need to add some more control, and visible if's don't work in painter so make that cleaner for painter.

But exports work kinda... If i export the graph straight out of designer as bitmaps as srgb i get 50% grey srgb which is great.
I played with levels and if i export out of designer i get 186 srgb or linear 50%.. right? but when I bring that same generator into painter I get 169 grey... I've tried playing with the output node, channels, usage, color space, but can't find the appropriate solution if there is one.

I made another levels node and just kept tweaking until it was 186ish. I use a softlight layer to add cavities/highlights... the  levels node works... but I would like to know how to make it work without the tweaking to make it work.

To test in designer you can export out flat maps currently, or bring in your own normal map replace the baked normal connections and connect the appropriate outputs to the cavity node and export out of designer.

(Without your own normal maps if you added), Try publishing to painter and see the difference in greys. 186 srgb in painter on softlight should show no effect. attached .sbs

Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:02:50 am

Hi,

You should set the color profile directly on the output node, don't explicitly apply the conversion in the graph.

https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/spdoc/user-data-140902410.html

Product Manager - Allegorithmic