Author Topic: Substance designer export to Substance Painter as Generator  (Read 336 times)

Hello guys. I working on Generator which generates the custom pattern via Normal map as Vector and Mask map. In the screenshot is demonstration. My problem is I can't export all input images (INPUTS and BAKED MAPS). In Substance Painter I see all Pattern Inputs but all "Baked Maps" (AO, Curvature, Position, Normal and World Space Normal) are missing.

You know I want to import all these maps in Substance Painter to my generator like my Pattern Inputs. Any ideas please?   

Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 04:26:43 pm

Yes, you can either export from Substance Painter, or bake the information right inside of Substance Designer!

Firstly, to get access to the baked maps in Painter, just add a new fill layer. For the color fill, search "curvature" or "ambient occlusion" or whatever map you want exported. This puts the map into the base_color export! So just export the base color like you normally would.

If you want to do it more "correctly," you can create a new export preset in the "configuration" menu. Here you have access to the maps you want, but this is the Substance Designer forum page, so I won't get into that. But here's the window:

If you want to do the whole process right inside Designer, just add your mesh to the explorer window, right click, and select "bake model information"! Here you get all the options you would ever want for getting the right maps.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
-Robin
"Better than some, no worse than others."

So I realize that I might have misunderstood your question.
If you have problems getting maps from Designer to Painter, then the answer is pretty clear:
You need more output nodes.
To get different channels to show in your generator, you need a seperate output for each of them. It looks kind of like this:
"Better than some, no worse than others."