Author Topic: [SOLVED]Possible issues with latest B2M version  (Read 445 times)

OK, I installed the latest version and ran into issues. Uninstalled and went back to previous version.

1: Not added to start menu
2: 4 times as long to load
3: 3D preview black
4: Crash every time I would click edit under environment.

I just installed again and not experiencing 2 and 4 ,but still 1 and 3. The start menu is not a big deal ,but just something I noticed.

Previous version

Latest version

Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:07:09 pm

with the "Display Component" on it goes completely black.

Here's a little more on this issue. If I try to install both versions of B2M I get this.

Old version won't work.

New version the 3D view is no longer black.

Do I have to keep both versions installed?

OK, I think I solved this. Anybody installing the new version this is what you need to do. Looks like there was some folder renaming and it was remembering parts from the previous version.

1: Uninstall previous version first. The new version will not uninstall the old version like painter and designer.
2: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Allegorithmic and delete the folder related to B2M.
3: Install the new version.

I just tried to install 13.1.4 and am having all of the same 4 issues!  I will try the listed fix and hope that it works. 

Yes the fix works (although program still not added to Start menu).  Why isn't this made a sticky or listed somewhere in the license or release notes? Others should not have to go through this waste of time.

Thanks for this post - helped me out !

L05

This fix also worked for me. Frustrating that this is not noted anywhere officially by Allegorithmic or Adobe.

OK, I think I solved this. Anybody installing the new version this is what you need to do. Looks like there was some folder renaming and it was remembering parts from the previous version.

1: Uninstall previous version first. The new version will not uninstall the old version like painter and designer.
2: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Allegorithmic and delete the folder related to B2M.
3: Install the new version.