Author Topic: Substance Plug-in not creating nodes in 3ds Max V-Ray properly  (Read 1136 times)

3ds Max 2019 SP3
Substance Plug-in 2.1.1
V-Ray Next (latest build)

Having a bit of an issue with importing certain sbsar's in 3ds Max using your plug-in, but not all of them. In this particular instance I'm using Bloody Guts:https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Rk6av but when I attempt to create the shader from the substance2 node, it's not adding the diffuse, AO, and roughness nodes properly to the V-Ray Material.

However, it is baking out the textures correctly, so something else is going on:

Now, this doesn't happen to all .sbsar files just on some of them so I'm assuming this either needs to be corrected in Substance Designer or possibly a compatibility bug in the plug-in and V-Ray Next and not 3.6? Googling hasn't turned much dirt so wondering if I could get some enlightenment here.

Also, for anyone familiar with PBR workflow, I went ahead and manually setup my material shader and the results came out better than I thought:

Not exactly like the original in Designer but enough to where I'm happy. None the less, what is the proper workflow for reflection maps when I only have the roughness map to work with like you can see in the baked out maps? Here is what I did to create the shader using the roughness map for both the gloss and reflect:

Just to note, I'm intimately familiar with V-Ray Next adding the option for roughness maps in their latest builds, but for whatever reason when I enabled the roughness option in the GGX tab the results were atrocious. I had to do a lot of tweaking in the shader material to get it where I wanted but somehow I felt I was doing this all wrong because the results early on were incorrect and I'm not used to working in PBR workflow but instead inverted the roughness map and went with my normal workflow by using reflect and gloss nodes.

If anyone with more knowledge could share some insight that would be awesome, thanks!