Author Topic: Allegorithmic is joining the Adobe family (Part2)  (Read 81570 times)

There was probably some misunderstanding, If your maintenance ended in November 2018, you were entitled to major updates until that date and to minor updates after that cutoff date until the next major update is released (2019.1).

If you get a new maintenance now, you will get access to all updates until May 3rd 2020 for example.

Your perpetual/maintenance license is separate from any subscription, if you stop your sub later on, you will still be able to use your perpetual.

A few questions more...

We want to get to perpetual after our subscription is fulfilled.
1- How does it work to get more updates without subscription? Can we get an update after, let's say, one year?
And are there points for substances to download included again? How many?
2- We are interested in Alchemist. Do we need another subsciption to start this one or is it included in the standard subscription we have? Can we buy it perpetually?

A few questions more...

We want to get to perpetual after our subscription is fulfilled.
1- How does it work to get more updates without subscription? Can we get an update after, let's say, one year?
And are there points for substances to download included again? How many?
2- We are interested in Alchemist. Do we need another subsciption to start this one or is it included in the standard subscription we have? Can we buy it perpetually?

Please drop us an email so we can see what applies in your specific case: contact@allegorithmic.com

I posted a thread about subscription expiry messages in the titlebar and how it affects my usage of the software. It's been a while but no one replied to that thread.

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,28737.0.html

I would really appreciate a response from adobe/allegorithmic on this.

Hey Allegorithmic, what do you think of joining such a company?

https://80.lv/articles/adobe-users-they-can-get-sued-for-using-old-versions-of-photoshop/?fbclid=IwAR20u613fGzB8vfAbgCjNRl1kf7arhvGn0YGd-QbIkWI1q8v5E9ZfRqKu_4

Hey, not much we can legally said about it. Sadly this is a really "cold" message, which gives legal information in a neutral manner on purpose. What I can focus on (because I have seen many people making the mistake) is the last line: "you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties". Adobe itself does not want to threaten or sue anyone: we provide the information we have to provide as the date of today.

Once again, sorry if it doesn't give any clear answer but we have some legal rules to respect.
Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:02:06 am

I posted a thread about subscription expiry messages in the titlebar and how it affects my usage of the software. It's been a while but no one replied to that thread.

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,28737.0.html

I would really appreciate a response from adobe/allegorithmic on this.

Yeah it's pretty annoying getting nagged by software I paid for (not a trial).

• "We are scared to lose perpetual licenses because Adobe does not use perpetual licenses"

No perpetual licence any more for new customers or new seats, no conspiracy theory there?, right...

One of the best things that allegorithmic offers, is the ability of own the right to use the soft perpetually, and has the best option for indy users, rent to own, I think no other company has that system, the end of an era
Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:13:41 am

Perpetual licenses are still available via Steam. please check the FAQ in the other thread.

...but for how long?

What about us, that have perpetual licenses and in about 2-3 Years we'd like to upgrade to the newest perpetuals?
Are we cut out of your future plans now?

No software company can predict what will happen 3 years from now. All we can comment on is the situation now and in the foreseeable future.

Please help me to sleep better:
Adobe seams to effectively shut down their CS6 (not cloud) using customers softwares although they bought them legally, if they don't upgrade into CC subscription.
So... how much can YOU as the former Allegoritmic team keep us protected from such a move by Adobe?
How much would an upgrade of a perpetual license cost? Only on steam? We bought the last perpetual in your store.

Please help me to sleep better:
Adobe seams to effectively shut down their CS6 (not cloud) using customers softwares although they bought them legally, if they don't upgrade into CC subscription.
So... how much can YOU as the former Allegoritmic team keep us protected from such a move by Adobe?
How much would an upgrade of a perpetual license cost? Only on steam? We bought the last perpetual in your store.
What do you mean when you are saying they shut down CS6 ? Any official statement from Adobe ?

I have read this out of some different peoples postings unter this youtube entry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ObjDsGOAM
Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 11:08:20 pm

I have read this out of some different peoples postings unter this youtube entry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ObjDsGOAM
Thank you, although I cannot extract this conclusion from those postings. However, it is true that Adobe
officially announces that a whole country (Venezuela) cannot no longer use Photoshop etc. The Adobe license server will
not extend the subscription beyond october. This is a horrible and striking warning not to trust in subscription models.
Today they hit Venezuela, tomorrow it may be China, then the EU...
Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 07:48:30 am