Author Topic: Color Picker is sampling incorrect color  (Read 2573 times)

Windows 10

When I left-click in a color swatch, and go to sample color from another layer, the colored that I get is not equal to the source. Typically lighter and lower saturation.

Am I missing something? I'm not doing anything different (that I'm aware of) from what I've done to sample color in the past.

Thanks.

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Please attach a log file : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Exporting+the+log+file

Hey Froyok. Thanks. Let me know if you'd like a video capture of the issue.

I continue to get inaccurate color picker results.

Sorry for the delay.

When you mention you get a different color, is actually when you paint on the mesh or just the preview in the Color Picker itself ? Our color picker works in Linear Space, not sRGB (gamma corrected) which may give bad assumptions when picking some colors from photo (or UI). Internally everything works in Linear Space, hence why our Color Picker was designed this way.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Sorry for the delay.

When you mention you get a different color, is actually when you paint on the mesh or just the preview in the Color Picker itself ? Our color picker works in Linear Space, not sRGB (gamma corrected) which may give bad assumptions when picking some colors from photo (or UI). Internally everything works in Linear Space, hence why our Color Picker was designed this way.

Hi Froyok, no worries. It's not a show-stopper, but can be a pain point.

I will (I should note intermittently) get in accurate results when I color pick within a material, sampling the Color swatch/square of another material, in the Layer UI. I'm trying to figure out under what conditions it works and what conditions it doesn't, as again the problem is intermittent. It's a head scratcher.

Same problem here.
I'm in base color preview. (single channel should give only color data, right ?)
Sampling for base color channel on empty new layer (other channel turned off):
Sampling from mesh / texture gives slighty darker color.

Frustrating, unusable.