Author Topic: How to cancel?  (Read 926 times)

I want to cancel my subscription. I'm really confused.  Why is it trying to charge me 49.99? to cancel when I have paid out over $900 since March of 2015. I have sent in a support ticket and Im not getting any support.
Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:35:49 pm

Wait, so when we cancel our subscriptions to get a perpetual license, it still asks us to pay $49.99 for that license? But it's been on sale for $99.99 before, so we've paid hundreds of dollars in subscriptions for a 50% off coupon?

In that case, we've been massively mis-sold this software. When I first signed up, the terms explicitly stated "You own the product after the 16 month payment period." You can look up the old website on archive.org and see it right there in black and white. So we should have got a perpetual license to that at the 16 month mark automatically. Same with the next version. And the next.
Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 12:07:56 am

Yup, try to cancel wants 49.99 actually more for everything, and support just got back with me. I copy and pasted it to your original thread.

The change happened during the summer of 2017, we sent every user several emails about it around that time explaining the change and the different options, along with blogposts, etc.
The minimum amount of months had been reduced to 12 months instead of 16, and a fee of $49 had been introduced.

And none made any sense to me then and still doesn't. So Im out $900 and none of that money can be used toward any of what your saying?

When I first started paying for a subscription the deal was after I paid the $200 or whatever the total was I was suppose to own the software and since then you guys have changed so much nothing has made any sense to me. What ever happened to that ? lol

Hi,

The subscription had several changes over the year (and you were warned each time), but you should contact your support team at contact@allegorithmic.com if you have questions about it, they will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Head of Product Management

(and you were warned each time)
I sure wasn't.

I went back through all my Emails.  I cant find anything regarding the subscription license update.

This is only a part of it, and I hope this doesn't breach any agreement, but here, sent on May 4th, 2017:

"Even though major versions will no longer exist, you can still purchase a permanent license of the current release for $49 once you have completed at least 12 consecutive months of payments." - Mods: If I'm not allowed to post this here, please remove it, thank you and sorry.

Also, I understand people are worried about the news, I'm too, as a user who dropped Photoshop in favor of Affinity Photo's one-time payment of 40$ and wanted to start using Painter in the Q1 of this year, but that's not a reason to panic. For the moment, the pricing is said to be unchanged, and if this ends up changing to a point a user doesn't want a new different commitment, I'm sure they'll give the users a nice alternative to keep a permanent license for example. Adobe is not a bad company, on the contrary, it's at the top of its market, my only reason for not choosing Photoshop is that, though it might seem an insignificant value, a lot of tools are turning to rent only, and 20$ here, 30$ there, plus 50$ for this, and 40$ for that, every month, it starts to pile up, so artists need to make some software choices. But Photoshop is amazing, I have nothing against Adobe. Just wait for more information, don't jump the ship just yet.
Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:04:06 pm

This is only a part of it, and I hope this doesn't breach any agreement, but here, sent on May 4th, 2017:

"Even though major versions will no longer exist, you can still purchase a permanent license of the current release for $49 once you have completed at least 12 consecutive months of payments." - Mods: If I'm not allowed to post this here, please remove it, thank you and sorry.

If this is the email that we were supposedly sent, then they didn't send it to everyone. I definitely didn't get any such email. I got one about a contest on April 27th, then the next email is Substance Source announcement on May 24th. The text you quoted does not appear in any email I've ever received.