Author Topic: Allegorithmic is joining the Adobe family (part 1)  (Read 112573 times)

You guys have been doing an amazing job since the beginning. I haven't used Photoshop to create textures in a long time. I can see why they needed to acquire you guys. Hopefully you can continue to grow and create a better product.

I for one am interested to see where this goes.

People are complaining about Adobe taking over companies and abandon them. Well guess what, if you abandon the software because you don't like that it was acquired by Adobe, what do you think will happen?

I'm not a fan of big companies acquiring smaller and more competitive ones. But that doesn't mean I will simply abandon everything one day after the announcement.

Substance Share still doesn't work. This says something already.

what do you mean? works fine here

Try to log in. Remember that you can't download anything without logging in.

Works for me.

True, cannot log-in to download anything, it worked yesterday afternoon though as I downloaded something...

Works for me.

Quite a few people can´t log in anymore. Good thing I backed up everything I need yesterday after reading the announcement. https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,27520.0.html

We have had some issues with login for a few days. Technical issues happens sometimes :)
Head of Product Management

We have had some issues with login for a few days. Technical issues happens sometimes :)

I don't trust anything that comes out of your mouth...for now. ...sorry

I know what the issue is, and I can easily point out the bug that causes the service to misbehave - "Adobe".

Guess you guys got tired of developing Designer and Painter and want to see them die a slow painful death. Bottles of champagne are popping like fireworks over at Quixel!!

What I REALLY want to know is this:

What happens to perpetual licenses. Will they lose access, will they be stuck with the last update they had or will they go on as normal guarenteed?

What happens to Substance Source and our available downloads? Do we need to use them all up? Will they remain?

Adobe always adds things to their subscription service and this will be no different. So we need to know what it happening to our purchases and for it to be clear.

Thank you.

What happens to perpetual licenses. Will they lose access, will they be stuck with the last update they had or will they go on as normal guarenteed?

What happens to Substance Source and our available downloads? Do we need to use them all up? Will they remain?

Adobe always adds things to their subscription service and this will be no different. So we need to know what it happening to our purchases and for it to be clear.

Thank you.

Substance Source will 100% be shut down. Adobe doesn't like that stuff, community brushes and filters were removed and put onto Adobe Stock where you have to pay money for each of them. Use up all your Source points now and backup the sbsars, Source will be gone very soon.

Thank you.

Substance Source will 100% be shut down. Adobe doesn't like that stuff, community brushes and filters were removed and put onto Adobe Stock where you have to pay money for each of them. Use up all your Source points now and backup the sbsars, Source will be gone very soon.

I've been told source is here to stay. Don't trust a word of it, this is now adobe after all. Better start spending points