Author Topic: Allegorithmic is joining the Adobe family (part 1)  (Read 41733 times)

I must be cursed by Adobe. Not long after I bought CS6 Adobe went subscription based and still, even to this day continue to threaten me because they state my copy of CS6 is illegal (despite proving it isn't numerous times) and their efforts to get me to jump on the CC subscription bandwagon failed. I've just spent another $990.00 on Substance Painter for a perpetual license and guaranteed, no matter how you sugar coat things, Adobe will force everyone into a subscription.

"In Adobe, we’ve found a great partner who shares our love of creation and our drive for innovation and growth."

When I see the development of Photoshop in recent years I could only imagine how Substance will develop. I don't really get that decision because I think you guys had the market for yourselves. There is nothing comparable in the market yet.

As soon as Substance will move to "Creative Cloud" I'll stop buying new versions. 

RIP Substance
Fuck. FUCK.

@nmargie This can't be further from the truth though,Adobe has a great track record at integrating companies. Even Photoshop was an acquisition, and the team is still there more than 20 years later.

@Colby Turybury 0 I'll have to disagree here too, Adobe is one of the most innovative software companies. It is regularly the top contributor to SIGGRAPH for example, and the R&D department is enormous.

Adobe has been part of our board for 2 years, we know them and we know their company culture. It is actually very close to ours, despite the size difference.

So, name change time...

Allegadobe or Adoberithmic ?

I don't blame Allegorithmic, who doesn't want to be a millionaire ?

@nmargie This can't be further from the truth though,Adobe has a great track record at integrating companies. Even Photoshop was an acquisition, and the team is still there more than 20 years later.

LOL you want to bet on that. Ask the people Mixamo. Adobe bought fuse, had the employees talk about how great the merger would be then fired them.

My god this is so sad man, i love Allegorithmic, i remember when i bought Painter in Steam the same day it was released, i was so happy...

This is just...wrong

:o

Wow - now I'm super glad, I did not buy Substance Designer during the November sale. That was a really good decision!

I'm deeply concerned about Adobe forcing your hand into removing perpetual licenses, and my favorite, the rent to own architecture. On behalf of all of us, I hope you fight like hell to keep these. "for now" doesn't cut it.

:'(

Oh god...no. Why??

Congrats dudes !

LOL you want to bet on that. Ask the people Mixamo. Adobe bought fuse, had the employees talk about how great the merger would be then fired them.
Nobody was fired and the whole team is there. They built Adobe Dimension, made Mixamo free for everybody and will go back to working on Fuse when Dimension is more far along. The former CEO of Mixamo is also driving Project Aero, so a lot of innovation created by Adobe in just a few years :)
Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:20:32 pm

Um.. Will Painter and Designer show up in the CC?  :o

Nah, its not the 1. of april yet  :-[
Just yesterday I visited allegorithmic.com to download the current version of Substance Player and thought to myself: this software suite is incredibly cheap for what it can do and there are even perpetual licences available. I guess Adobe had similar thoughts. :/

I'm afraid Substance will become just another bloated overpriced Adobe suite. Or, even worse, might be incorporated into the existing one.