Author Topic: Allegorithmic is joining the Adobe family (part 1)  (Read 63465 times)

Hi everyone, we have some big news to share with you today.

Allegorithmic is joining the Adobe family! For more details, please read our blogpost for more details and feel free to ask any question here.

You can also read our CEO Sebastien's thoughts about this move here on Medium.
Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:23:03 pm

How will this affect our abilities to convert our subscription to a perpetual one? 

Yes, how will this affect our subscriptions? I currently DON'T subscribe to ANYTHING from Adobe and don't really want to have to. Please tell us that is NOT in our future.

Oh good god guys... how could you.

There is currently no change to the licensing models. We will announce new options in the coming months but rest assure that it will be really fair.

all the team members will join the adobe family? just to predict the future of substance.
Regard the license, I'm afraid to ask something after reading "When it comes to licensing, nothing changes for now."

I'm not really sure about this move guys... I can understand the financial side of the deal but sometimes it's better to have less and instead be loved by your users. I think that not many of them will support this decision.
Analogy here is any young talanted football player who has decided to move to China instead of participating in Champions League. He will quickly earn some money but he will never be a Golden Ball nominee...

Everything will change. Always the same empty words after a sell out. Team will remain, licenses will remain, nothing will change. All nonesense, let's talk again in 5 years.

Well if you change to adobe model where my country can use super old version of CS... I have no idea what to do...

I heard the same thing from the mixamo team and that product is now as good as dead...
its not as bad as autodesk buying you but I'm pretty nervous about this, we have deeply integrated substance into our pipeline.

All the team members and all the offices are staying as is, nobody leaves, all the products are stll being developed the same way and by the same people.
This is not about money per say (hard to sell I know :) ) but about having the resources to build the greatest tools we can.

Well substance may have entered the great void where software goes to die

Not sure who thought this was a good idea but they clearly did not have Allegorithmic or the customers well being in mind

As for the team staying at Adobe. Not going to happen, every time Adobe buys out software the team is fired shortly after that

What will happen with the ppl who bought Substance Indi due to it's perma license option?

It's even hard to imagine the power of that uber huge s"th storm that will arrive if that part will turn out nasty.

Absolute sellouts. Adobe hasn't innovated in years. They will consume you and after a few years nothing really notable will happen. I guess that is what happens when profit becomes the focus of a company.

All the team members and all the offices are staying as is, nobody leaves, all the products are stll being developed the same way and by the same people.
This is not about money per say (hard to sell I know :) ) but about having the resources to build the greatest tools we can.

change is scary. I will trust you, but you must realize that many of us are wary of companies like adobe/autodesk as they tend to buy competition then just abandon it.