Author Topic: Allegorithmic is joining the Adobe family (part 1)  (Read 45511 times)

I hope it end only as a Substance software being available as part of Creative Cloud and their Platform as (Additional source)

But rest stay as it is now.

I don't wanna be part of Creative Scam.

pws

Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Adobe. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day. Groundhog day.

Or, did you have checked your calendar? Today we don't have April, 1st. Please.
Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:41:57 pm

Again, that's not true, almost all of the Mixamo employees are still at Adobe, working on Adobe Dimension and other things, and they are awesome people and our new colleagues :)

Then the Mixamo employees who claimed they were fired lied then.
Let me ask you something

How popular was Fuse before Adobe bought Mixamo?
Now ask yourself
How many people still use Fuse?

I am really worried.
I don't know if get a perpetual license or wait to see what happen.
Be in the Adobe hands isn't a good choice.
Other companies vanished and their product destroyed after pass in the Adobe hands.

I am crying, and that is not the happy tears...

I'm afraid Substance will become just another bloated overpriced Adobe suite. Or, even worse, might be incorporated into the existing one.
Getting all the adobe tools and all Allegorithmic tools for 59,49 €/month wouldn't be that much overpriced imo.
Especially if that would be the Pro license..

Wow, that's really disappointing.  :(

Very sad news.
My first thought was to cancel my subscription immediately after reading the news.
Adobe? Really?
When do you plan to stop Linux support? Adobe and Linux, you kidding me?
Your company was a great idea, a great team, a success at many levels. I'm sad it ends. And the worst, I'm afraid for your jobs.
Very sad.

I agree with the other posters, not good news.

I use Illustrator, indesign and Photoshop for my day job. Its expensive and innovation is stale.

Back in the day when you could buy Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for less that a copy of Quark express, Adobe cornered the market and offers amazing products at a fair price. Since subscription, the innovation is lacking and the bugs have increased. It also seems that I have been waiting for 15 years to run these apps on multiple cores. Adobe have got greedy and lazy.

Allegorithmic must have pushed up april 1st a couple of months. This might just be as great news as the news that Softimage had been aquired by Autodesk a couple years back...

Bad, bad idea, and you know it! Just waiting for that 'great' news perpetual licenses are scrapped and we are forced into another monthly subscription of some large corporation that we were trying to get away from.
Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:52:01 pm

pws

As soon as Substance will move to "Creative Cloud" I'll stop buying new versions.

This!

Have abandoned Adobe CS6Ex, subscription only is modern slavery. Have abandoned foundry products due to their crappy license system. Will drop substance too if subscription only is offered. Hopefully 3dCoat will stay independent...

Time to raise fund.blender.org instead of feeding McAdobald...

What about this:
"How many payments does it take to get a perpetual license for the software?
This option is available only for Indie licenses.
When you are subscribed for more than 12 months consecutively, when you cancel you get the option to purchase a perpetual license of all the software for $49.
This license does not provide any maintenance to the software. You can purchase maintenance for each software on the website. "
I bought this option (one payment for one year), and now i have 4 months to the end of my 12 months annual plan and i bought it only for option to get PERPETUAL licenses after this time...what now? Will it be available to cancel my subscription after 12 months and pay 49$ to get perpetual licenses?
I fell so bad after this news...Adobe and Allegorithmic?  For us, all users, there is no sense in this solution...Why you are doing this step Allegorithmic? You are a King in texturing software...What You will get after this connection ?

I understand the trepidation and I have concerns like many upon hearing about the Adobe acquisition, but this could bring improved and more refined tools sets at a faster pace in the long run... Both parties appear on board to continue the Allegorithmic ecosystem - but the news is still fresh. Personally and professionally, I have no issues regarding subscription services over purchasing software, since the cost for me went down from upgrading the Adobe master suite annually which is much less cost for the annual subscription in comparison.  What you get for that price is more than fair in my opinion. Also, I see the update cycles being much faster and far more frequent than at any other time Adobe's history.  All that being said, let's see what happens around the bend, hoping it just might be something good...

:'(

I'll remember the days I enjoyed Substance

Such a wonderful suite! such a pity going that direction

RIP. Worst decision allegorithmic could make. We’ve seen it before, Mixamo is a perfect example. Was an awesome tool, which had no updates in years, just become worse. Even their native products getting worse with each update to the point when I replaced premier with resolve, ae with fusion and nuke, most of my photoshop needs were  fulfilled with Substance, and post processing I’ve been doing in Fusion. Please please please reverse this deal.