Author Topic: Alchemist and Adobe?  (Read 590 times)

The question I have is how does this Adobe acquisition effect the impending release of Substance Alchemist? From the demo video I noticed how Alchemist is using cloud AI calculations at least in part. I can see how Adobe's deep pockets could help with the server load implementation of what I imagine is a deeplearning cloud gpu cycle hog. Am I right does Alchemist just get better with Adobe muscle behind it and how does this effect the coyly unannounced release date of Alchemist?

It's all well to reassure the customer base that existing products are fine but what about the future of the Substance family? - of which Alchemist is surely the rising star....

The development and releases of Alchemist is not affected. It could benefit from several research subjects currently ongoing at Adobe in the future though.

"It could benefit from several research subjects currently ongoing at Adobe in the future though."

- aka intellectual capital synergy -  that seems like the best spin on this whole thing I've heard yet on this day of trepidation and uncertainty about the future.

cheers!