Author Topic: Use Mask from designer in Painter 2018.3.1  (Read 283 times)

Hi!

I have Substance Painter 2018.3.1 and the same issue than in this old post:

https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,7433.msg35676/highlight,how+to+use+mask+from+designer.html#msg35676

Any solution?

This is a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. It's still in our backlog at the moment.
You should follow the recommendations mentioned in the link.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Thanks for the quick reply.

"This is a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. It's still in our backlog at the moment.
You should follow the recommendations mentioned in the link."

The recomendation is:

"What you can do for now is to modify it in Substance Designer to only use 1 output and use a "Multi switch" node with the "Input Selection" parameter exposed to have the possibility to switch directly between the different nodes in Substance Painter."

That do not apply in this case, as I need all the channels in some layers, and I need to be able to select just the mask channel in others (to apply different effects on each)...  The problem is from 2015; I know this things happen (I'm developer my self), but may I ask if is to low in the "to do" list?

Thanks again.

That do not apply in this case, as I need all the channels in some layers, and I need to be able to select just the mask channel in others (to apply different effects on each)... 
In that case, you can do both in the Substance graph : have multiple outputs for when you use it in Material mode, but still use a switch to override the BaseColor and redirect all the other channels to that one (if it's the firts output of your Substance graph of course).

The problem is from 2015; I know this things happen (I'm developer my self), but may I ask if is to low in the "to do" list?
It's not planned in our current roadmap.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Oh, you're right! Thanks for the advice!!!