Author Topic: [SOLVED] Mesh Exported from ZBrush is upside down...  (Read 16760 times)

I just started learning Substanc and I'm following the tutorial for SD4 but when I import my mesh it is upside down... It imports into 3ds max correctly and the floor in zbrush is under the model correctly so I have no idea why it's upside down in SD4... Is there an option i'm just oblivious to see? :'(
Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:29:41 pm

I just started learning Substanc and I'm following the tutorial for SD4 but when I import my mesh it is upside down... It imports into 3ds max correctly and the floor in zbrush is under the model correctly so I have no idea why it's upside down in SD4... Is there an option i'm just oblivious to see? :'(

Would you mind sending by MP your mesh for further investigation ?
If it's an OBJ, compressing it will reduce its size (you can send the ztl otherwise).
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

The size isnt the issue it loaded into substance its just upside down

I just exported a obj from Zbrush and it views correctly when brought into SD (just a cylinder on its side with bumps at top).  I have attached the obj and a screenshot of my export settings in ZBrush for you to compare against your own.  Hope this helps.

Buya my hero!

Glad it helped :)

@kmitchell,

Froyok noted in another thread about model scale for the 3D view.  Change the export scale setting (bottom right export panel) to 100 inside of ZBrush.  This will keep your linked 3D models to similar scale as the SD primitives and prevent resetting your 3D view each time.

thanks!