Author Topic: Utility node size/visibility issue  (Read 263 times)

I am following Josh Lynch' tutorial on Wood Lath creation. I am getting some issue with both the visibility and I am not sure if I am setting the size correctly. What I did do was to make the first node absolute then switch it to 2k. I understood that I need to set it to this to get the proper visibility for some of the flood nodes. But it dosen't seem to populate down the chain. On a few nodes I changed the output size to 2k, and the visibility appeared.

Do I need to change on each individual node, or am I suppose to change it somewhere different than in the first node of the chain?

Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:12:41 pm

Ouch, was suppose to go into the Designer-section, not here.

Figured it out in end. I had to just change the second node, not the first, and it populated down the chain.

When you look at the input connections, the one with the little dot in it determines where a node takes inherited information from.

Also, in general it's best to use relative to parent for the first node in a chain, so you can adjust the size of the whole graph very easily. When you double click the background of the graph you can set this size for the whole graph, which is used by nodes that are relative to parent.
Esger van der Post.
Texturing addict.

When you look at the input connections, the one with the little dot in it determines where a node takes inherited information from.

Also, in general it's best to use relative to parent for the first node in a chain, so you can adjust the size of the whole graph very easily. When you double click the background of the graph you can set this size for the whole graph, which is used by nodes that are relative to parent.

Thanks, that makes more sense. After my last post it didn't work as I wanted, but now I understand the relationships going on.