Author Topic: Gpu not recognized  (Read 28858 times)

Jeremie already summed up your issue here.
As for the error message regarding the GPU drivers, we don't check the drivers version available for each model, only if a new global version is available. Since your GPU is old, the last drivers are probably not available for it. You can therefor simply ignore the message.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Hello,

Jeremie has not 'summed up my issue'. Jeremie replied to ANOTHER user (with a different user name!) who has an outdated graphics card. I have a 1 GB GTX 560 which your software does not recognise, and I've been waiting since Christmas for some assistance in getting painter to work. It's all in my posts as 'technoheadspace', that's: TECHNOHEADSPACE.

Hello,

Jeremie has not 'summed up my issue'. Jeremie replied to ANOTHER user (with a different user name!) who has an outdated graphics card. I have a 1 GB GTX 560 which your software does not recognise, and I've been waiting since Christmas for some assistance in getting painter to work. It's all in my posts as 'technoheadspace', that's: TECHNOHEADSPACE.

Ha ! My apologies, it looks like a lot of people replied to this thread and I confused the names indeed. That's not an easy problem that you mentioned. I have talked with the developpers in the past about this issue (that some other users reported it to us), unfortunately we don't know yet why it's happening.

It seems DirectX is able to find your GPU, but not OpenGL, maybe because the OpenGL driver is missing. It's only an hypothesis, we weren't able to reproduce this issue on our side to fix it unfortunately. We are still looking into it.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

I just bought a laptop to do my 3d word. It has a pro-level Nvidia Quadro K2100M and apparently this card does nto work with Painter. Can you offer any assistance for how I can make Painter work? ...Or do you plan on having it work for new releases?

We don't support nVidia Quadro and AMD firePro GPUs.
-----------

To add a little more background, Quadro cards and "professional cards" in general are a very poor fit to any real time application.
Especially when comparing them to consumer cards in the same price range, the performance you'll get in game engines and real time application is going to be way (way) lower and you'll likely run into compatibility issues.

I would recommend avoiding this type of card as it creates more problems than it solves and it's just too damn expensive for what it is.

As for Painter, we may extend the range of supported cards to Quadro at some point but we don't have nay short term plans for this.

Hi I have the same problem, both in Painter and in Substance.

Could anyone give me a detailed explanation on what to do and how because I don't understand what is going on here. I have Intel Graphics 15.28.23.64.4101 I updated this to the last version, it should work. Or how do I make it work. So sorry, but I am not a computer genius. I spent all my money on these two packages and it is really not worth for me to buy a new laptop, it is only 2 years old anyway.

Does Substance Painter work when you click on Continue Anyway?

Integrated graphics are not recommended and you will likely experience poor performance while painting though.

Hi, thank you for the reply. Substance Painter does open, but when I want to open a 3D model or just a sample model it crashes immediately with loading in the file half way. Substance Designer was fixed more or less after the update of the driver (which I did twice) and now I can open it and do some work in there, haven't got the time to try all of its features out yet to test it properly. Is there a way to fix Painter?
Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:46:34 am

Hi,

Integrated Graphics are not recommended for Substance Painter, and may lead to crashes.
The list of supported GPU can be found here: https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/tech-specs

I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done at the moment to run Substance Painter if your GPU is not in the list of the supported ones.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

"[GPUIssuesCheck] Graphics adapter 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600' is used instead of 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770' that can provide a better experience."

Yop yo started yesterday I'm not sure whether it was the latest Nvidia driver that started it or the fact that I think I installed same version of Painter on top of itself but anyhow doesn't seem to go away anymore T _T I tried deleting all my Allegorithmic software, removing all the folders from Appdata and re-installing but I'm still getting this. Not quite sure what the "Force start" means but I can't seem to do it from my Substance Painter nor Nvidia driver settings. I haven't tried fiddling withing any system files yet as I thought I'd rather wait for a more educated guess of the reason..

https://gyazo.com/57cd4520d90cb3601f0ca227ce752171

I actually have inkling of thought why it might be in my case but I've gotta check couple things to be sure.

EDIT:

Yep that was stupid. So I had my main monitor accidentally hooked up on my motherboard HDMI instead of GPU HDMI. Apparently this happened couple weeks ago when I had issues with my drawing screen. Apparently the re-installing of Painter made it re-look up some things and this happened. Still, though, I find it curious that the main monitors port affects the softwares ability to use the GPU but oh well (as side note Designer wasn't affected at any point. Or at least didn't give message like Painter did.)

Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:30:38 pm