Author Topic: Unity 2.2 Released with 2018.3 and .NET4 support.  (Read 4667 times)

The plugin doesn't seem to be loading fully for me here. I haven't touched any of the plugin folders. Is there another step I'm missing to get this working? Thanks!

How were you able to reproduce this issue?
Issue occurred by simply trying to update through the Unity store. Error would display upon opening Unity.

Resolved the issue by manually going in and deleting every file pertaining to the plugin and then re-importing. It looks like the old location (in the Plugins/ directory) from a previous version of the plugin was being maintained.

New odd behaviour, though. After running a re-import on all the assets, it seems like all the textures generated by the plugin have odd scaling/tiling, and have been expanded dramatically as a result. For example, what was once a normal brick wall before 2.2 and Unity 2018.3 is now a wall composed of maybe 1.5 enormous bricks. Textures not generated by the Substance plugin do not suffer from this oddity.

2018.3.1f1

Just import package "Substance in Unity" then import any .sbsar file

@j_a_c_k_o_3 These errors appeared in 2.1.1, but should be fixed in 2.2. Can you verify that you have an About button in the Substance menu at the top? If not, then the package is still 2.1.1, because this was added in 2.2.

Sometimes the Unity asset store keeps an old package around, just checking to make sure.

Hey I just tested this out.  So far no errors but there is still an issue with tiling settings not being detected and thus I cant figure out how to check in a material with tiling into source control.  So basically tiling changes are not carrying over across machines etc.

Repo steps:  Using a project under source control check everything in  so git report nothing to commit.  Then make changes to the tiling of the material under the sbsar file in unity inspector.  Git shows no changes.

I reported this issue awhile ago here https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,23756.msg102417.html#msg102417

Substance plugin 2.2.0 on unity 2018.3

@jaran ,

Sorry for the late reply. There is a bug here with Unity + Substance 2.2 plugin + Git. I have put in a ticket for this. Thank you for reporting it and sorry for the inconvenience it causes.  :-\
Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:37:49 pm

Hey I just tested this out.  So far no errors but there is still an issue with tiling settings not being detected and thus I cant figure out how to check in a material with tiling into source control.  So basically tiling changes are not carrying over across machines etc.

Repo steps:  Using a project under source control check everything in  so git report nothing to commit.  Then make changes to the tiling of the material under the sbsar file in unity inspector.  Git shows no changes.

I reported this issue awhile ago here https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,23756.msg102417.html#msg102417

@jaran ,

Sorry for the late reply. There is a bug here with Unity + Substance 2.2 plugin + Git. I have put in a ticket for this. Thank you for reporting it and sorry for the inconvenience it causes.  :-\

@keston

Hello, wanted to check and see if this is ever going to get fixed?  It's still a problem for me on latest substance plugin from asset store and unity 2019.1.1.

I'm amazed this is not a bigger issue for everyone.  No clue how we are suppose to do development with multiple people when tiling settings don't get picked up by source control.

@jaran ,

@keston

Hello, wanted to check and see if this is ever going to get fixed?  It's still a problem for me on latest substance plugin from asset store and unity 2019.1.1.

I'm amazed this is not a bigger issue for everyone.  No clue how we are suppose to do development with multiple people when tiling settings don't get picked up by source control.

I think this is finally fixed for me in 2.3.2!   :D

I had to reimport all my substances though