Author Topic: Best way to export opacity from Substance for Arnold 5  (Read 391 times)

Hey so I am trying to work with opacity in Substance Painter and I want to export it out to be rendered in Arnold 5 for Maya. After some fiddling around I did get the result I want but I am mostly wondering if there is a better way for me to export from Substance? I have the RGB colors set up as an Alpha and I have Opacity as a Gray Channel.

Here are pictures for the set up

Here are the export settings

Here is the Arnold Render

you can simply export is as linear map - L8 if there is not much gradients (like in this example) or work on 16bits if you have simple gradients. But to be honest 8 is fine in my opinion for that kind of opacity. So in export configuation chose Grayscale instead of RGB + A. Also I see no sense in Alpha in normal and Emissive .

Cheers

you can simply export is as linear map - L8 if there is not much gradients (like in this example) or work on 16bits if you have simple gradients. But to be honest 8 is fine in my opinion for that kind of opacity. So in export configuation chose Grayscale instead of RGB + A. Also I see no sense in Alpha in normal and Emissive .

Cheers

Oh the other settings were just default stuff I only added the opacity export. Thank you for the suggestion though I'll get it out.