Author Topic: Hard UV Seams on Curvature & AOC bake  (Read 1470 times)

normals seem fine. the model's solid. the bake was a high to low which I'm sure definitely causes some issues along the seams of the UV, but SHOOOULD still be consistent if I'm not mistaken.

portfolio project so I'm not like on a time crunch or anything but I do have an audience. sooner solved the better.
also going forward will be using this model to create a library of smart materials so i need to know if its a model issue, or a baker issue. as far as I know there isn't really anywhere else to bake curvature (correct me and i'll use it in a heartbeat)

It would probably help if you provided a copy of the high and low mesh file.

One could only guess otherwise.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

not comfortable sharing it, unfortunately. one can never be too careful. What would you look for? there don't seem to be any hard edges on the seam on the high poly, or the low. the location of the high and low wasn't budged and was just subdivided in the areas where it's causing issues.

however if somebody who had an allegorithmic staff tag wants a copy im up for that.
Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:49:22 am

not comfortable sharing it, unfortunately. one can never be too careful. What would you look for? there don't seem to be any hard edges on the seam on the high poly, or the low. the location of the high and low wasn't budged and was just subdivided in the areas where it's causing issues.

Well best of luck. Maybe someone else can go through the guess work.

so the curvature baked clean, but for whatever reason the generators like sticking to the uv seams, and i can't seem to find a workaround.
is there any other way to reference my curvature in a mask other than using a generator?
Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:07:45 am

You can manually load the Curvature into a fill effect inside your mask.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Painter creates the curvature from your normal map, so I would guess, that this is the reason you have this seam along your UV shell.

I would try baking a curvature from mesh (i.e. in Designer) and see if this fixes it for you.

Painter creates the curvature from your normal map, so I would guess, that this is the reason you have this seam along your UV shell.

I would try baking a curvature from mesh (i.e. in Designer) and see if this fixes it for you.

Does Designer have different baking options than Painter? I use Painter 100% of the time for bakes, but never thought Designer had any differences. :D

You can manually load the Curvature into a fill effect inside your mask.

heya so i made a quick video describing the issue that poses for me, however, you might be able to tell me how to get my curvature 'from' my initial shading group. I don't really know how to put it into words, so I recorded a quick video.
https://streamable.com/54i7l

Does Designer have different baking options than Painter? I use Painter 100% of the time for bakes, but never thought Designer had any differences. :D

Designer allows to bake curvature from mesh, instead of creating it from normal map, here is a thread about this topic:
https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,22976.msg97176.html#msg97176

Designer allows to bake curvature from mesh, instead of creating it from normal map, here is a thread about this topic:
https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,22976.msg97176.html#msg97176

Thank you! :)