Author Topic: Upragrade pricing weirdness when upgrading from B2M 2 Indie/Pro -> B2M 3 Pro  (Read 2064 times)

I was wondering about this, as the upgrade price from your site from B2M 2 Pro to B2M 3 Pro is $75 + VAT, so it ends up costing me $90 = 72€. Then if I look into steam and there you give existing B2M 2 Indie owners -50% discount on B2M 3 Pro, so it'll cost for indie owners to buy B2M 3 Pro 67,49€ there, VAT included.

Isn't that bit weird? That indie license owners over steam get offered a standalone B2M3 Pro at lower price than upgrade costs for existing B2M 2 Pro license owners on your site? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I get that those two prices are meant to be around the same value, but it's still weird that you don't get any further discount over indie license for already owning the previous Pro version (after all, Pro license costs 3x the indie license).

I was wondering about this, as the upgrade price from your site from B2M 2 Pro to B2M 3 Pro is $75 + VAT, so it ends up costing me $90 = 72€. Then if I look into steam and there you give existing B2M 2 Indie owners -50% discount on B2M 3 Pro, so it'll cost for indie owners to buy B2M 3 Pro 67,49€ there, VAT included.

Isn't that bit weird? That indie license owners over steam get offered a standalone B2M3 Pro at lower price than upgrade costs for existing B2M 2 Pro license owners on your site? Shouldn't it be the other way around? I get that those two prices are meant to be around the same value, but it's still weird that you don't get any further discount over indie license for already owning the previous Pro version (after all, Pro license costs 3x the indie license).

Hi,

We do have an upgrade path for Indie to Pro. I am checking with sales to get the details and will post them here.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

The prices described in the first post were a mistake from Steam, it should now be the same prices on both Steam and the website.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management