Author Topic: stencil do not maintain img aspect ratio  (Read 3420 times)

is there anyway to have a image maintain its aspect ratio when using it as a stencil?  I have some images that are not square (1200x463 for example) and show correctly in the texture shelf.  but when I use it as a stencil it shows as a square image and is not showing at the correct ratio.

this also seems the case when I drag and drop a non square image onto the diffuse channles
Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:19:54 pm

is there anyway to have a image maintain its aspect ratio when using it as a stencil?  I have some images that are not square (1200x463 for example) and show correctly in the texture shelf.  but when I use it as a stencil it shows as a square image and is not showing at the correct ratio.

this also seems the case when I drag and drop a non square image onto the diffuse channles

Hello,

I believe that non-square support is coming. I will check on this. Currently, we don't have a method for non-square, but I think this will be updated soon.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I think it will be helpful to do this function. I will expecting this.

Any news on this?

Any news on this?

Its on our roadmap, but it won't be until after 2.0.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Ey, I know this post is really old, but for all the Substance painter 1 users out there.
I have been coming back to this post for years looking for native solutions but that never happened I guess. So, an easy solution to this problem is to create a square image in Paint or whatever, for example, a 2048x2048 image(Make it bigger than your stencil's resolution of course), and paste your nonsquare stencil in it. There you go, easy non-square stencil for everyone. Now you can lock the post if you wish. There is another solution using masks, but believe me, in the long run, using my method is quicker, smoother and easier, you preserve the ability to scale rotate and move quickly the stencil.
Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:10:32 pm
Explore, Dream, Discover :D

Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.