Author Topic: Textures do not render in Iray? Shader problem?  (Read 357 times)

Hey guys! Can't find the answer to this one, maybe I have missed something.
So it's my X-TAON texturing contest entry.

Half of my texturing is missing once I render it out in Iray.
I thought the problem lies with shading but changing preferences do not help
It is also weird that I instanced some of the missing parts. Can it be the problem?

I followed the provided tutorial on making the default parts like windows and baking textures for this contest

So, in the end, it all looks fine and dandy in the tutorial but I am missing most part of my work

Please, help  🙏🏻

SGH

yes, it could be your masks.

If you instanced  a layer which could be masked for another part ( part - q )  then copied it over to ( part - b) you need to create a new mask or erase the old mask.

I actually fixed this issue by just changing the shader into a different shader then switch it back.

yes, it could be your masks.

If you instanced  a layer which could be masked for another part ( part - q )  then copied it over to ( part - b) you need to create a new mask or erase the old mask.

Thanks!
Sounds like a very good idea! Going to try this out

I actually fixed this issue by just changing the shader into a different shader then switch it back.

Thank you!
Going to try this out too

Thank you!
Going to try this out too

There is a catch though, you have to render with the original shader first. Then cancel after 3 seconds of rendering. Then switch to any different shader. Render again then cancel after 3 seconds. Switch back to the original shader then render as intended.

But if two or more body parts (A, B, C, Glass, Wheel, etc) are affected, you have to apply the fix one at a time.

It's like Iray forgets to initialise the texture so you have to "wake" it up by doing the fix above.