Author Topic: sbsprs in editor and in game  (Read 1582 times)

Hi, I'm not the best at coding however I have recently made an editor extension within unity to control one of my sbsar's which for the most part works apart from the known bug I read about having to select the graph before referencing it in script

However I have one last hurdle to overcome and that is how to export and load presets in the editor and how to load the preset at runtime in the game?

While the editor part could be worked around by using the actual buttons in the sbsar graph to import / export I would like to add this to the UI I have created.

Thanks

Hi, I'm not the best at coding however I have recently made an editor extension within unity to control one of my sbsar's which for the most part works apart from the known bug I read about having to select the graph before referencing it in script

However I have one last hurdle to overcome and that is how to export and load presets in the editor and how to load the preset at runtime in the game?

While the editor part could be worked around by using the actual buttons in the sbsar graph to import / export I would like to add this to the UI I have created.

Thanks

Hi,

Can you show us some examples of what you are creating? Currently in 2.1, we have a lot of the API that is exposed. However, it's not meant to be used. We will be hiding some of this API in 2.2 as it's problematic and doesn't work in the runtime.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

So what I am creating is a nice and neat version of the sbsar layout that adapts more to stuff like switches and  change the input options in some cases from vector4's to floats and sliders, to then preview in the texture preview window

(Yellow) As to the issues I am having is first having to have the graph from the sbsar selected at least once (from what I read this adds it to unity's active asset list https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php/topic,26600.0.html) to then obtain the texture2d from the archive - if this is not done it doesnt find the texture (or graph I would imagine) and fails to render the rest of the window. unless there is a work around for this?

(Red) As to the main reason above, adding the sbspr button to export and import is just a cleaner way (for this UI anyway) to have it built into it, instead of having to navigate to the substance graph itself to export/import presets.

I know the seasonal holiday is just over and there is probably a lot to catch up on, just wondering if there was an answer to my original question of the sbsprs in editor, and also what the API changes for the plugin are / will they affect what I am currently using?